Digital Marketing provides an online platform for a company to achieve its goals, that were hard to achieve in the earlier times. It is said to be immune to recession or any other dramatic changes in the market for that matter. The world is running towards the online lifestyle. People want to have anything and everything on the internet so that they have access to it 24*7. Even businesses have started following the same trend in order to be more successful. And there comes digital marketing, the savior.
The adoption of Digital Marketing by almost all the companies today, has led to an online revolution. It has also been observed that doing this has not only brought people closer to each other but also helped the companies to grow better. The forever fear of recession is no longer threatful to the smart companies now, that have adopted Digital Marketing techniques.
Is Digital Marketing really recession proof?
Recession is basically a term given to a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally indentified by fall in GDP. Recession generally leads to high unemployment and inflation.
Digital Marketing whereas, is marketing a particular product online without the help of external factors and resources, and is also used to achieve various other goals of a particular company. It is mostly immune to any kind of external changes in the market, be it physical or economical.
The fact that internet is evolving everyday and is going to live for as long as we can imagine proves that digital marketing is going to stay here for an even longer time. It is also stated that marketing a product online does other favors to a company too, other than just acting as a marketing tool.
The overall increase in dependence on Digital marketing by even the older firms has lead to growth in Business sector, despite the presence of recession in U.S. It has also been stated that the reason for an increase in the company’s growth instead of recession being present, is attributed solely to online marketing.
Here’s why digital marketing is the safest and most strategic investment for your business:
- Low Operational Cost:
When managed correctly, SEO, SEM, Social Advertising, and Email Marketing are the most cost-effective ways for you to find new customers. In particular, SEO and Email are marketing channels that require a low investment while offering a high and consistent yield. At Good & Gold, we consider these “utility services,” and feel strongly that every business should be nailing these two services before expanding their programs to invest elsewhere. These are your bread and butter—the front door and the telephone of modern marketing.
Some cost benefits of digital marketing include:
- The longevity of programs like SEO and email automations, which continue to perform and pay dividends long after they’re implemented, and can always be improved upon.
- The ability to shift quickly, both in terms of spend level and budget allocation. If something isn’t working, you can always adjust or move to another strategy.
- The ability to set goals and targets and optimize toward them while midstream, instead of waiting until a traditional campaign is over to analyze and pivot.
- Durability & Flexibility makes it best medium for marketing
Digital marketing allows you to make changes to a campaign in real time. Let’s say you launch your fall campaign with two different creative approaches, because you’re not quite sure what will resonate with your audience. Within a week, you can begin to analyze performance and move your budget into the top performing campaign, maximizing ROI as you go. In this day and age, there is no way to know what will work, and there is no reason to be tethered to a sinking ship.
The ability to shift strategies and tactics quickly via digital marketing allows you to quickly account and adjust for:
- Different funnels as per your conveience.
If you don’t know which marketing channel is driving the majority of your revenue, you’re not measuring well. If you don’t know what your monthly goals are, or whether you’re on track to meet your goals, you’re not tracking well. The data is all at your fingertips—it’s just a matter of developing a clear window into that data. Take the time to set up robust and easy-to-read dashboards, so that you can make informed decisions about your business.
The measurability afforded by digital marketing allows you to closely track:
- Any conversion: Purchase, form fill, registration, or download
- Conversion rates from any channel
- Abandonment rates
- Lead value
- Customer lifetime value
- Best Medium to engage clients & re-target them
The moment a client or customer has made their first purchase, you have the data you need in order to expand the relationship and better serve their needs. Have your customers gone dark on you? Create a re-engagement strategy: Give them a reason to come back and do business with you.
For example, you might engage customers in the following ways:
- Launch email automations to suggest products often purchased together, or provide related content customers might enjoy.
- Use Referral Marketing to encourage customers to engage their network by offering a reward.
- Deploy retargeting ads to reach out to past purchasers, or engaged visitors to your website that did not convert.
- Allows you to check analytics then & there:
There are many ways to identify new growth opportunities via digital marketing. Use these patterns to find new opportunities.
- What kind of engagement do you get with a certain type of post?
- How many people click through on a certain ad?
- What email topics or products drive high open rates?
- What audiences respond to which messaging?
- What pages are people visiting on your site?
- What pages do website visitors abandon?
- What kinds of offers do your customers respond to?
The Kind of services that are rendered by Digital Marketing Agency;
Social media marketing is a powerful way for businesses of all sizes to reach prospects and customers. Your customers are already interacting with brands through social media, and if you’re not speaking directly to your audience through social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, you’re missing out! Great marketing on social media can bring remarkable success to your business, creating devoted brand advocates and even driving leads and sales.
Social media marketing can help with a number of goals, such as:
- Increasing website traffic
- Building conversions
- Raising brand awareness
- Creating a brand identity and positive brand association
- Improving communication and interaction with key audiences
The bigger and more engaged your audience is on social media networks, the easier it will be for you to achieve every other marketing goal on your list!
Search engine optimization is the process of optimizing web pages and their content to be easily discoverable by users searching for terms relevant to your website. The term SEO also describes the process of making web pages easier for search engine indexing software, known as “crawlers,” to find, scan, and index your site.
While the concept of SEO is relatively straightforward, many newcomers to SEO still have questions about the specifics, such as:
- How do you “optimize” for your site or your company’s site for search engines?
- How do you know how much time to spend on SEO?
- How can you differentiate “good” SEO advice from “bad” or harmful SEO advice?
Perhaps the most important aspect of search engine optimization is how you can actually leverage SEO to help drive more relevant traffic, leads, and sales for your business.
61% of B2B marketers name lead generation as one of their biggest challenges, so it’s no surprise that there’s so much contradicting information online about the subject. Lead generation is essential for both marketing and sales teams because it helps to:
- Obtain new sales leads
- Generate the right leads
While lead acquisition, by definition, involves using both inbound and outbound tactics to generate leads, most sales reps and marketers find more success with inbound strategies. Lead generation marketing doesn’t always have to be hard. Even simple yet effective tactics can lead to the capture of exciting lead prospects for your business. One such platform is social media.
People spend between five and six hours a day on social media, in some way or another. Social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are used not only to keep in touch with family and friends but also to share opinions about brands, whether negative or positive.
This has given tons of opportunities to business owners to listen to their current customers online and engage with potential customers. They can engage in lead generation marketing in groups, similar pages, or even direct messages.